Position opening: Outreach, Development and Advocacy Assistant/Officer
UHRP is seeking applicants for a full-time position to support our outreach, development, and advocacy work. A remote-work option is potentially available. Specific duties and position level will be determined based on the skills and experience of applicants.
Please apply by sending your resume and a letter to “Hiring manager” at email@example.com. Please include your name in the “Subject” line. The letter should explain your interest in working with UHRP and specify the roles you are most interested in.
UHRP seeks applicants for to support our work in one or more of the following areas of responsibility:
- Support the executive director’s outreach to individual donors and philanthropic foundations, and manage overall development strategy
- Prepare talking points for policy meetings and presentations for public events
- Build relationships with new coalition partners and coordinate with ongoing coalition partners
- Develop and manage a robust program of in-house and co-sponsored public events
- Provide copyediting and desktop/web publishing support for UHRP reports, publications, and social media presence
- Commitment to human rights of Uyghurs
- 1-5 years of professional or volunteer experience relevant to one or more of the responsibilities above
- Advanced G-Suite skills, or willingness to self-train quickly
- Experience in writing and/or editing for publication a plus
- Experience in desktop publishing and website management, including Canva, a plus
- Multiple language skills, especially Uyghur, Chinese, Turkish, and/or Arabic, a plus