Parallel Submission to the UN Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
February 9, 2023
The Uyghur Human Rights Project (UHRP) has submitted a parallel report for consideration by the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights for the review of the People’s Republic of China.
The submission draws on our own research, firsthand testimonies, and additional reporting on the Uyghur crisis relating to the field of economic, social, and cultural rights. The report makes recommendations and suggested questions to be raised with China 73rd Session form February 15–16, 2023, in relation to articles 2, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13 and 15 of the Covenant.
In particular, the UHRP raises the following issues with the Committee:
- Non-discrimination (Article 2)
- Forced Labor (Articles 6, 7, and 12)
- Cultural rights (Article 15)
- Forced sterilization (Article 10)
- Forced and incentivized marriage (Article 10)
- Right to education/language rights (Articles 13 and 15)
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.