Interns and Volunteers
UHRP welcomes interns and volunteers!
- Application due date for Jan-April internships: December 15
- Application due date for May-August internships: April 15
- Application due date for Sept-Dec internships: August 15
- Applications for joining our volunteer roster are accepted on a rolling basis
How apply for an internship or a volunteer role:
Please fill out the UHRP Intern and Volunteer Application Form for consideration for internship or volunteer positions.
Thank you in advance. We deeply appreciate your commitment to Uyghur human rights.
Desired skills and project needs:
Graphic design, video production, and desktop publishing
- Skills in Canva, Photoshop, video production and editing
- Project need: Formatting UHRP reports using in-house design
Data analysis and visualization
- Advanced Google Sheets & Excel skills
- Data visualization
Translation and translation editing
- From English: Uyghur, Chinese, Malaysian, Bahasa Indonesian, Arabic, Turkish
- To English: Uyghur, Chinese
- Research tasks requiring professional fluency in English, Chinese, and Uyghurche
- Managing a research project from data collection through publication and rollout
- Locating specialized documents like company records
- Analysis and verification of human rights evidence surfacing on social media and other open-source platforms
- Peer review of reports and briefings. Expertise required on legal aspects of rights documentation, as well as social science research methods and analysis.
Copyediting and proofreading
- Uyghur, Chinese, Malay, Bahasa Indonesian, Arabic, Turkish
Social media messaging and campaigns
- English, Uyghur, Chinese, Malay, Bahasa Indonesian, Arabic, Turkish
- Online fundraising, proposal-writing, donor cultivation
“We know you better than you know yourself”: China’s transnational repression of the Uyghur diaspora
Watch the UHRP co-sponsored event featuring the presentation of a new report by Dr. David Tobin and Nyrola Elimä on transnational repression.
Subscribe to Our Mailing List
Want to help support our research, advocacy, and humanitarian assistance? Subscribe for updates from UHRP.