The Uyghur Tribunal: Opportunities for Change One Year Later
Wednesday, December 7, 2022 | 10:00–11:00 a.m. EST
One year after the Uyghur Tribunal announced its verdict that the Chinese government has committed genocide and crimes against humanity against Uyghurs, this webinar will reflect on how these findings have been applied in practice over the past year, and how advocates, experts, and scholars can continue to pursue justice and accountability for continued abuses.
- Raminder Kaur, Jury Member, Uyghur Tribunal
- Rahima Mahmut, UK Director, World Uyghur Congress
- Omer Kanat, Executive Director, Uyghur Human Rights Project
- Siobhán Allen, Legal Officer, Global Legal Action Network
- Elfidar Iltebir, President, Uyghur American Association
- Koen Stoop, World Uyghur Congress
UHRP Calls for Accountability One Year After Ürümchi Fire
New UHRP Research Maps Uyghur Diaspora Around the World
President Biden: Prioritize Human Rights When Speaking to Xi Jinping during the APEC Summit
UHRP Leads Joint Letter Urging U.S. Secretary of State to Demand an End to China’s Genocidal Policies in Meeting with Wang Yi
“We know you better than you know yourself”: China’s transnational repression of the Uyghur diaspora
Watch the UHRP co-sponsored event featuring the presentation of a new report by Dr. David Tobin and Nyrola Elimä on transnational repression.